Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkins!

The three amigos picking out pumpkins!
Don't drop her!!
Are you sure you can pick that up?
I still don't believe you!
Ok you can get that one
Aww what a good big brother! He loves holding his sister.
Tony with all of our pumpkins.
Riley kept wanting to suck her fists
Ron trying to fix her hands so she can't get to them
Ha, I can still get to my fist Dad!

We are trying to make a family tradition of going to Beasley Orchard every year and picking out our pumpkin to carve for Halloween. I worried with Riley the weather wouldn't cooperate but we were able to keep the tradition going this year and headed out after soccer on Saturday. It was a little cool but a very good day to go. We rode the hayride out to the pumpkin patch. Tony found his pumpkin first, this year in order for him to get it he had to carry it! That was tough for him he wanted all the big pumpkins. Ron and I found out pumpkins shortly after Tony. We had to hunt for a small pumpkin for Riley, it took us a while but we finally found one. I would say she helped but she slept the entire time we were there. It was a great tradition to continue and Ron and I both look forward to many more years at the pumpkin patch!

Sunday morning Ron and I got up and headed to Mansfield to the Cover Bridge Festival. Ron's parents had Tony and my parents had Riley. It was very strange being gone that long from them. We are use to it with Tony since he is always on the go but Ron and I both struggled a little with being gone from Riley. We went to a wedding Friday night and my parents kept both kids but that was only a couple of hours. I guess it was good practice since I go back to work next week. I took my camera out of my purse since I didn't think I would need it but I so wish I would of had it to take picture of the gorgeous trees changing colors. It was a good day for Ron and I to spend some time together, since we haven't had any of that lately :) We also got a good start on Christmas presents, it was the last day of the festival everyone had all their stuff on sale!

0 comments: