Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We are back!













The Petersen's are BACK!!!! I know I have said that before, right? I have actually missed blogging, it gives me a good time to reflect on that happenings in our life and really enjoy what we are going through. I am not going to try and play catch up too much, just do a blog post on both kids to one on Ron and I and a couple of the special things that have gone on. So here we go this one is gonna be a long one!


Ron:

Some of this you might already know but here we go anyways :) Back in September Ron started a new job with Carquest as a Commercial Sales Manager. He LOVES it, which is so reassuring because he struggled with being a Service Advisor. Not struggled as in was bad at his job, just struggled with the environment and being away from home so much. He was working some crazy hours there for awhile. Needless to say thing are a little more "normal" now. He still has some weeks he works some long days but for the most part he is home before 6 and in time to spend some time with the kids.


The 2011 racing season is going decent. Ron got a new kart at the beginning of the year and it was...well I can't really say what it was, other than junk. Ok, maybe not junk but it wasn't an ideal Shifter kart. He has struggled all season with the set up and can't seem to make it work. So, what do you do when you have a brand new kart that sucks? You buy a used one :) Ron has acquired his teammate Colton's old kart and after Sunday's race Ron is a much happier man. I have to say when your race car driver has a crappy kart, that makes for grouchy driver not only at the track but at home too! The next couple of months are FULL with racing so I know they will get things figured out.


Ron and I began going to church back in October and in December he got saved! So very proud of him. On Easter Sunday there was another big event but I think I might throw that into the Easter post I will write. Gotta keep you coming back, right? :) We joined a small group with our church and LOVED it and learned so much. With racing and vacations we miss church a lot and I have to say I would have NEVER of thought that we would be disappointed when we couldn't go to church. This topic deserves a whole post on it's own so I will come back to this at another time. Enough about Ron....


Chrissy:

As you all know I left my job at the Speedway back in September. Ron and I actually both started new jobs on the same day. The only difference is mine didn't work out. It look me a LONG time to get over how things went down with this job. I know everything happens for a reason but at the time I couldn't figure out that reason. I really did love my job at the Speedway. It just took so much time away from my family and I was to a point I had no where else to move up and go. Also with all the outsourcing rumors going around I didn't feel secure there. For me it was time to move on and that is what I did. As most of you know I always said I couldn't be a stay at home mom. I just didn't think I had it in me. Let me tell you I was WRONG! I was so blessed to be able to stay home with Riley for 9 months we had a blast! I would of thought not working I would have more time to blog but boy I was wrong. I was busier not working that when I was working. Needless to say, it was time for me to go back to work but I didn't know what I wanted to do. I took an online class through a college in Chicago to get me ready for the PHR exam. But, I wasn't really sure that was the route I wanted to go. I was just so lost. I wanted to do something that actually made a difference in people's lives but how in the world do you find that? Well one day I was just casually looking around for jobs more for my unemployment that anything and had given up on finding anything that fit what I was looking for. Until I came across the perfect job posting, part time, helping low income family get qualified for the energy bills. It was PERFECT! I am now working 5 hours a day, 4 days a week at the Community Action of Greater Indianapolis Boone County office. I am going on my 3rd week and have to say it is a perfect fit for me. Things are really slow right now which gives me some time to learn everything and my boss is so laid back that I really don't know how to take her sometimes. Definitely not something I am use to! I can't even explain how perfect this job is and how well it fits into our lives at this moment. Definitely a God made plan!


I have been miss Suzie Homemaker lately as well. I decided it was an awesome idea to start painting the kitchen and playroom the Friday before I started my new job. Needless to say not so smart... It took me a week to get it all done and that was working on it every minute possible. I will have to take some pictures of my "Masterpiece" and add them to the blog. I have also been doing some Riley project and have found I really love to sew and make things. I have always be a crafty person but lately it has been on the extreme side :)


Other than that I don't have much else going on it seems. I just try and keep the household moving through life and together in one piece. Which can be interesting in our zoo of a household! As my Mom says when I talk to her on the phone, there is never a boring moment in our house. Really enjoying life right now and seeing how having God in our lives has made a world of difference in not only Ron but myself as well. Seeing the kids change too is AMAZING! I promise to be back VERY soon for an update on Tony!!


I have to give a shout out to Terri for always remembering her camera. All the photos are from her. My camera was broken for a few months but, in order to use a camera you need to have it with you. So my new goal is to remember my camera, we will see how well I do.....



post signature

0 comments: