Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A free weekend??

A free weekend, what is that?? We had no set in stone plans this weekend and let me tell you it was great! I can't remember the last time we either didn't have to go to the track or Ron or I had to work or something was going on. Well Ron had to work Saturday morning but that wasn't too bad. Not that I am complaining about any of that but I am down right tired and it was wonderful just to be lazy for an afternoon for a change. We got lots done around the house and I finally feel some what ready for the baby to come. Of course even at 9 months pregnant I don't know how to be too lazy. We did spend sometime in the pool but it was so cool outside I didn't make it long. Tony turned blue after awhile and Ron turned into a prune!

After the pool Tony and I spend Saturday afternoon having a fashion show, he tried on all his clothes from last year. I knew he had grown a lot but didn't realize I would have to be buying all new clothes! He had ONE pair of jeans that fit him and that was it. Most of his long sleeve shirts were too small as well. Not that he needs winter clothes anytime soon but I knew he needed some new summer clothes to start the school year off. So we got up Sunday morning and headed to the outlet mall for some good shopping. I have to say Tony has turned into quite the model, he had a blast trying on clothes and getting to pick his own school clothes out. Ron and Tony are quite the bargain shoppers, we walked out of there with lots of new clothes and didn't put too big of a dent in the checking account. I am crossing my fingers he doesn't go on a huge growth spurt anytime soon :)

On another note, Tony started soccer yesterday. I didn't make it to the practice, Ron took him and some how is now the new assistant coach. We switched him from the YMCA soccer program to a more competitive league. Ron said he did great yesterday. He sure was tired and sweaty when he got home last night and didn't stop talking about it all night! Hopefully I will make it to the next practice and take some good pictures.

For those counting down, I am officially full term today! Only three weeks to go, but she can come at anytime from this point on and be healthy. I am hoping she chills out for at least a couple more weeks. The longer she stays in there the healthier she will be and the more I can get done at home and at work. I am very anxious to meet her but a little scared about how life is getting ready to change. I know Ron and I will do fine but I still wonder how we will handle not only a VERY energetic 8 year old but a new baby as well. Should be an exciting yet interesting ride :)

0 comments: