Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Allstate 400 and some kart racing...




I have to say the Allstate 400 is my favorite event as a race fan but as an employee it has to be the longest weekend of my life. I think a lot of it has to do with the week of the race being so crazy. Between Tony coming home, the Riley Race, and the JdByrider 100 there just seems to be so much going on. It is three very long days, between 15-18 hours and not a lot of time to sleep. This year it was one of my favorite ones I have worked at. We just had fun this event. I don't know why it was so different, a lot of might of been because we were so well prepared that wasn't that much to do other than enjoy it. The whole family came out Saturday, my parents, Ron's parents, Grandma Petersen, and of course Ron and the kids. They enjoyed qualifying after the lovely thunderstorms that rolled through that morning. Race day just my parents came out, Ron and Tony had to race. It was a ok race, not to happy with the winner, Jimmy Johnson, but at least we didn't have the tire fiasco we had last year.
The boys did pretty good at New Castle, Ron finished 2nd in the Stock Moto and 8th in the Tag race. Tony finished 3rd and 9th in the Jr Sportsman races. Not to bad of a weekend. They have a double header this weekend and I am getting my wisdom teeth out, should be an interesting weekend...

0 comments: