Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Patch!









The Sunday before Halloween we loaded up and headed down to Connersville to ride the Pumpkinliner train to the pumpkin patch. We were all really excited about this but I think I underestimated the time it took to get to Connersville. Plus Anthony was flying home that morning from Minnesota and I thought he arrived at 10:10 when really he left at 10:10. Don't ask me how I did that one because I still can't figure it out! So Ron and I headed to church first then hung out at Mom and Dad's until Tony landed after 1:00... Yep just a little mistake.

Once we got to Connersville, we just missed the 2:30 pm and the next train wasn't until 4:30 so we found a cool park to go to. It had a lake and trails and all sorts of neat things to do. There was rain in the area so we didn't get out to do too much. Once it was time to ride the train we were all really excited. It ended up being a lot shorter of a ride than we all thought, but we didn't let that get us down we were still excited about our hayride to the pumpkin patch and finding the perfect pumpkins. Needless to say, I was a little surprised when we stopped at a campground to get off the train. Again, didn't get too down, just thought it was a coincident. Well, lets just say it went downhill from there. We rode THROUGH the "trailer" park (this was not really a campground like I thought this was more of people who lived out of their campers) to the pumpkin patch and it was a TINY area with pumpkins thrown everywhere. Now this was perfect for someone Riley's age but Tony was a little confused. The kids were suppose to be the only ones with pumpkins but we were on the last pumpkin train for the weekend so they were trying to shove them into our arms as we left. On a plus note this will be one of those time we can look back and laugh about the time we went to the pumpkin patch in the trailer park. It also made us all realize how good we really have things. There was people living in tents in this trailer park. I just can't imagine living life that way.
I will not recommend the Whitewater Valley Pumpkinliner to anyone with kids over the age of 3. It was fun but we will be headed back to our normal pumpkin patch next year unless I find some other crazy place to go :)
post signature

0 comments: