Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Robo Pong 200






Second weekend of October brought Ron and I's favorite race of the year, the Robo Pong 200. Saturday was practice and qualifying for the race on Sunday and the day didn't start out to well with a engine issue that caused Ron and Colton to miss out on most of practice. I wasn't too hopeful for qualifying but when I heard 13th I was ecstatic, I think we all were! In my rush to leave for the track Sunday morning I forgot the camera, so I took the photos above from David Lee, the track photographer. The race started out pretty good until lap 14 when the kid behind him went into the corner a like it was the last lap and took out the radiator. After being in the pits for what seemed forever they got the damage fixed and went back out. By this time they were back to 37th and several laps down. It was a long hard race but Ron and Colton worked their way back up to 17th by the end of the race. That of course is with some good pit stop from crew chief Steve and Shannon :) Overall they were disappointed but glad they were able to finish the race. Can't wait for next year!

post signature

0 comments: