Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!


Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We spent the day at my parents house eating lots of yummy food. Riley had on a great Thanksgiving day outfit but it didn't make it through one diaper change, she peed on it while I was changing her :) After lots of good food we headed home to make sure we had everything packed up for Missouri.

We left Friday late afternoon once Ron got off work. We knew it was going to be a long trip (7 hours) but we were ready to get out of town. Riley stayed away the whole drive there. Once we got into Springfield we stopped by my uncle's house and visited for a little bit. We were all exhausted so we headed for the motel. Saturday we got up and headed down to my Mom's side of the family Thanksgiving celebration. It was good to see all my family, I hadn't seen some of them in several years. Ron and Tony played and played, they were both exhausted by the time we got back. We went out to eat with some friends and the boys headed to the pool while I headed to bed. I hadn't been feeling good since Wednesday so I was exhausted by this point in time. Sunday we got up and went to visit more family and then Ron, Tony, and I headed down to Silver Dollar City. I had been looking forward to this since we decided to go to Springfield. Of course the day we planned to go, it snows and the wind about blows you away. We all still had a really good time. Tony got to ride a indoor roller coaster, a few other rides, and we all drank A LOT of hot chocolate! They closed the park down early because it was so miserable. We got up Monday and headed home. It was the longest ride of my life, just past St. Louis I got sick and let me tell you it is no fun being sick in a car. Once we got to Terre Haute things got worse, the roads ice over and we got stuck for almost three hours. We finally made it home safe and sound and I think I am on the road to recovery.
Sorry about the lack of pictures I was not feeling good!

0 comments: