Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gazelle Intense!

The "Soccer" Van :0)
She is a beauty!

For those of you that have no clue what my title means then you need to read the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey! We have been working on getting out of debt for almost a year and a half now. We sold the Tahoe about a year ago to lower our debt and got a Volkswagen Jetta. Great idea at the time but wasn't the best move because we still had a payment and we rolled over some negative equity. Well I have been wanting a van for awhile now, before the Volkswagen, but I couldn't convince Ron of that. Something about his manhood getting taken away :) Well, last week we went out a bought a 2003 Chevy Venture van! Guess what, we have no car payment on it! It has a lot of miles but Ron and I are both excited about it, yes I said RON. I think he realized how convenient that are. We now have the Volkswagen for sale, so if you know of anyone looking for a good little car we have it! It was just way to small for two kids and all the stuff we tote everywhere we go, oh and don't forget Chase since he goes everywhere with us :) Once we sell the Volkswagen we will officially have no car payment! We still have about 2 years to go on being debt free between credit cards and my student loans, but we have cut almost half our debt down and once we sell the car we will be even closer. Our goal is to get it done in a year and a half so we will see how gazelle intense we really are. Ron and I can not wait to live like no one else! :)
If you are in need of some good financial advance I urge you to check out Dave Ramsey, he just makes sense. A good friend from work told me about him and I owe her everything because of it. Ron and I would have been in so much trouble when he lost his job but, because we were going in the right direction the only thing it did was put it back on paying off the debt. We were able to stay a float and not touch credit cards and most of our savings. We are trying to pass it on to Anthony as well, that is why he paid for the water park ;) He gets it too! It has been a long road because we have had to give up a lot of things but we know in the future it will pay off.

1 comments:

Kristine said...

Congrats!! My van is the same way, old..not alot of miles but it's not he prettiest thing but guess what...it's paid for! I love it! Got the new car and still love my van more because there's no worries there!