Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grandma Ray

My Grandma Ray, my Mom's Mom, passed away last night. We knew this was coming and thankfully my Mom was able to make it to Missouri before she moved on to heaven. She wasn't in the best of health so I know she isn't suffering any more, plus she is finally with my Grandpa. But, she was still my Grandma and it makes me sad to know she is gone. I am just thankful I listen to myself and we made the trip Thanksgiving and I was able to see her then. I know Riley will never know her great Grandma but I can't wait to share stories. I can remember growing up going to her house on Sundays. I hated the drive down there, the car sickness was horrible. I am the second youngest of 26 grandchildren but she always there for the big events. It was never a dull moment at their house, that might be because there was always kids around but I miss those days. I will miss her but I know she is better off where she is at and she is with my Grandpa which makes the heart hurts just a little less.

1 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm sorry to hear Chrissy. Glad you guys got to see her one more time at Thanksgiving and she got to meet Riley!!