Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

100 years and Hot Air Balloons!









We spent Saturday night at the track, kind of strange to know I am going to live there for the next three weeks and I go there when I am off! The track is celebrating their centennial era over the next three year. This weekend they held a hot air balloon race, which was the first race ever on the property! Saturday night they held a "glow" and had fireworks. It was a pretty cool sight! 33 hot air balloons, and we were standing right under some of them! As it was getting darker they would all light up at once and it was beautiful. We use to have a private firework show on 4th of July so I was really looking forward to the fireworks. The sound bounces off the grandstands and it sounds like there are cars on the track! It is pretty cool. Like normal Riley was a champ and did really well for everything that was going on. The fireworks didn't even phase her. We tried to send Tony away in a hot air balloon but, they wouldn't take him :) Ok not really, he said no way would he ever right in one!
I will try to keep updating the blog over the next couple of weeks. Ron and Tony have a double header this weekend! I have a very strong feeling Tony will be winning his first race at New Castle (don't worry I just knocked on wood) so hopefully on Monday I will have a good update!

0 comments: