Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Monday, May 25, 2009

The Indianapolis 500!

"It's spirit touches all who enter" Tony George
Largest sporting event in the world!

Tradition

Helio Wins!!

Of course we were all at the Indianapolis 500! Ron took the kids and went with some friends. This year was a special year because it was Riley's first Indianapolis 500! From what I have heard she did awesome! Tony had a blast as well. Of course I worked 20 hours yesterday and have already put in several hours today. I haven't had much time to talk to Ron in the past couple of days so I am sure I will hear more stories tonight if I can stay awake! I got to spend just a little bit of time with them on Sunday but not much, it was just to busy. I will say I took some time to watch some of the pre-race ceremonies in an awesome location :) This was my first time doing this, I have now lived through 6 Indianapolis 500's as an employee so I had no clue what I had been missing. I will have to try and do this more often :) It is amazing to know what all goes into putting on the largest sporting event in the world and to know you are apart of it! I have been through this a lot and still don't know all the behind the scenes but I know what we go through to put this on and you would be amazed. I am not going to lie this year was rough but in the end I LOVE being apart of this. If you have never been to the Indianapolis 500 I suggest putting it on your must do list! Watch this video, we watched this in a all staff meeting and it still gives me goosebumps!

0 comments: