Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Friday, February 12, 2010

Meet Cupid...



Meet Cupid....
This is Tony's valentines box, do you remember making these when you were in school? I do and LOVED it. We had to be a little creative with Mr. Cupid since Tony told me LAST night that he needed to have one for TODAY....
This is how our conversation went yesterday when I picked him up from school:
Me: "Did you have a good day today?"
Tony: "Yep"
Me: "Did you get your homework done at the YMCA?"
Tony: "No, I still have some left"
Me: "Ok, well we are going to Grandma and Papa's house for dinner so you will have to finish it before we eat"
Tony: "Ok, I also need to do my Valentine cards for the party tomorrow."
Me: "Those are at home so we will do them once we get home, do you need anything else for the party like a Valentine's day box?"
Tony: "Yes"
Me: "And you were going to tell me this when?"
Tony: "I just did!"
We had two full days at home as snow days and this subject never came up. Does this sound familiar? I had flashbacks from making Student Council posters a few months back! The good thing is we raided my Mom's house for a box, wrapping paper, ribbon, and well anything else we thought would work. I didn't have to make an emergency trip to CVS, we just used what we could find. I did manage to lose our glue gun so we had to piece Mr. Cupid together with tape. Ron had to stop on his way home from work to pick up treats (that Tony was so kind to tell me as we pulled in the driveway last night that we needed to bring something) Poor Mr. Cupid might not make it through the entire day at school! I can only hope he does, I still have red fingers from coloring last night! I have to say it was all worth it in the end. As Tony was going to bed last night he came up and gave me the biggest hug ever and looked me right in the eyes and said: "Thanks Mom"
That will get you every time!

post signature

0 comments: