Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Opening Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway/SKUSA Races!






Opening day has come and gone at the track! We are officially open for business! We are just days away from Pole Weekend and besides the crazy early hours I have to be here I can't wait!!! This is what I work all year for and LOVE this time of year job wise. I HATE this time of year family wise because I don't ever see them. This year has been a little different with the outsourcing rumors going on towards the beginning of the year. It is kind of hard not to be a little bitter about how the whole thing was handled. But, now that there are cars on the track and fans on the ground it does remind me why I do work here. The rain needs to stay away though, I miss the sunshine! Things have changed quite a bit around here so it is taking some adjusting to get use to. But I am very grateful for the people I work with, they are my family this month and we have fun. I say this all the time but if it wasn't for the people I work with I don't think I would still be here. We truly care for each other in this department. I guess it is because we have been though so much together but more importantly we know how to have FUN!!!
I miss out on a lot at home and this weekend I missed out on some HUGE wins at new castle. Ron and Tony raced in the SKUSA central states race over the weekend. Tony raced both Saturday and Sunday and finished second on Saturday and WON on Sunday!!!! Ron only raced Sunday since he had to work Saturday and WON!!! They are both happy as can be, they are even talking about heading to some other SKUSA races in Missouri and Wisconsin. I am pretty excited about that since I missed this one, I would love to see them race on a higher level. Very proud of both of them and can't wait to get life back to normal, whatever normal is......

*Thanks to David Lee photography for the photos from May 2nd KRA race!

post signature

0 comments: