Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Principal.....



In my opinion it is never good when the Principal wants to see you. Well that is just want happened to me today when I dropped Tony off at school. I had a flashback from my school years, no I don't think I ever made a trip to the principals office when I was younger. I don't know what was louder my heart beating super fast or my heavy breathing trying to keep myself calm. Wonder what Tony had done now, I was already fully aware the day before wasn't his best days but nothing to have to see the principal about.....
I am going to back up to Monday before I finish.
Tony was a big winner of a fishing trip with Mr. Utterback, the school principal. How did he win this trip you might ask? They are doing a fundraising program at school for a girl with autism to get a service dog. They did a rent-a-teacher auction and Tony donated all of his money and I matched it. Well, he WON his first choice which was to go fishing with the Principal. Him and about 8 other kids went fishing right after school on Monday at the Eagle Elementary wildlife pond. He caught two fish but had more fun helping all the other kids put worms on their hooks and take the fish off. He was the expert fisherman and he put his skills to use helping everyone else. Can you tell I am glowing with pride now!?!
Back to this morning...
The principal wanted to tell me how impressed he was with Tony donating his own money for Amanda's service dog. He couldn't believe it and thought it was wonderful!! He told me how big of a help he was and very impressed with how Tony is coming along and how good of a kid he is. We had several visits with the Principal back in first grade, so he knows Tony quite well. No I really didn't think Tony had done anything wrong, I kind of thought it was about Monday's fishing trip. You can't help but be nervous when the Principal hunts you down at 7:15 in the morning. Talk about starting your day off right! I immediately call Ron to tell him. As he put it, we sometimes questions ourselves as parents if we know what the heck we are doing. We must be doing something right because we have pretty great kid!!!

0 comments: