Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Outsourcing...


"Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life"

I saw this quote at the covered bridge festival and I LOVE it. I know several people that say work is your life and you can never be happy with both work and home life. I feel this is so WRONG, life isn't about work it is about everything else. You just have to work to afford everything else :) I know this blog was started as a way to keep family updated and to see the kids grow, so this post is going in a little bit of a different direction that what you are use to. But, I felt this was a good place to express how I feel so I can look back on this and know I am only stronger from it.

I love my job, no question about it. It does have it downside, sometimes it isn't challenging enough, I am losing my work ethic because of situations that go on, I work super long hours in May, I miss Ron and Tony's races, it has taken some of the spark away from going to other races. But, I love working here mostly because of the first day cars are on the track, the people I work with are family not just friends, I am proud to say I work here, I have a great boss that is more supportive than I can imagine (and no he is not a blog reader :) With all that being said there have been rumors going around for about a month about outsourcing our department. Talk about emotionally draining, I don't sleep well I worry about what is going to happen. We will be fine financially for the most part, thank you Dave Ramsey, but I carry the insurance and Ron's insurance is triple what I pay. We can afford it, but ouch! I already have a "outsourcing" budget in place because I see this happening next month. Don't know how much I should share on here since I know people from work do read my blog but since it was in the Indy Star yesterday I guess it doesn't really matter... They are looking to outsource us and even though there isn't anything set in place yet they are working on it, and it sucks. I know there could be several outcomes to this but it just sucks to even have to worry about it. Did I say it sucks? I just hope whatever happens I am as lucky as I am now. Life isn't about your job it is about living life and I hope I find a job that I can be happy at both work and home like I am now.

post signature

0 comments: