Donate to the Petersen Racing American Heart Association Heart Walk Team

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Double Header in one day!



U.S. Nationals Pictures came from the Indy Star, I wish we that good of seats :)



Saturday Ron and Tony raced and right after the races we headed to ORP for the U.S. National NHRA drag races. Ron won the ICC race and finished 3rd in even after getting punted in the corner. Good thing the kid the hit him went off the track the next lap, Ron might of tried to kill him, ok maybe not.... (I think). Tony finished 5th and 13th. Only two more points races left for the year.
For those that don't know Ron and I first date was the U.S. Nationals 5 years ago. We have made it back every year but last year, hey I had a 2 day old baby. This year was not a disappointment. We like to go Saturday night because it is WAY better at night and the fireworks afterwards are better than the racing. Steve got us 4 tickets and with Tony being free my parents came along too. Steve and Terri kept Riley and she spent the night, I think it was harder on Mom than Riley! But, we both seemed to live through it, if you asked the boys they didn't even know she was gone. Ok maybe not...(I think)
I was a long but fun day and it as nice to be able to give Tony some undivided love and attention.

0 comments: